[access-uk] AMAZON KINDLE

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:58:10 -0000

Hi all,

I’ve received an early Christmas present of an Amazon Kindle. I’d be grateful
for any advice on using this as a blind person (I can see outlines of objects
but can not read print). I understand that a blind person can activate the read
aloud feature enabling the reading of books but that the feature which permits
you to read what titles are in your library (and to chose a title) is
accessible but one needs sighted assistance in order to activate it.

Are there any guides, written for blind people on using the Kindle?

Many thanks,

Kevin