[access-uk] Re: ADVENT 1142 MINI PC

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:55:55 -0000

Yes, I've never dared go for Narator for an install ... Thanks for the reminder. I'll dig out my key strokes in case I'm really brave!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, November 14, 2008 9:40 AM (UK time), Chris Hallsworth at christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Actually, you can use Narrator for the Windows First Run. Sorry to
not reply to Mark's response, but the truth is that although Narrator
is only a basic screen reader, it will help you through the setup
process. Once you arrive on the desktop for the first time then you
can install your screen reader. Hope this helps and enjoy your new
laptop!

Hi all,

Our Advent should arrive today and of course the weekend looms! <Smiles> We are unlikely to have sighted help around so, if any of you who
have these machines can give us a hand, that would be great!

How long do we need to give the first charge of the battery?

Where's the switch on button (if not obvious)?

Finally, when you switch on for the first time, any idea where you're
placed - straight into Windows but with that screen that you have to
complete some data, maybe?  If anyone was able to load speech
straight away and everything came up OK then please let me know.

Thanks a lot!