[access-uk] AD on Freeview

  • From: "phil stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:33:42 -0000

Hi,

I know this has been covered before on list but it wasn't of intrest then...

I will be moving into rented accommodation in a few weeks and so am probably
going to have to forego my Sky digital package and re-enter the world of
Freeview, yes you guessed it, can someone remind me of the make & model of
the freeview box that was available from Curry's I think at around d£60
which could receive audio description?

also am I right in thinking there is currently no combined freeview receiver
/ hard drive recorder that has audio description capabilities?  We do have a
dvd recorder but have never got it to pick up the Sky signal to rrecord
anything even though it's been checked over by a professional TV engineer.

I suppose my other option might be to get a new TV that has freeview built
in but cost is as ever an issue and so perhaps that will need to wait until
a later date until our current TV dies a death.

Finally does anyone know if the Tiscali tv unit has ad capabilities, I have
tried finding out from Tiscali but they don't seem to know!

I know this has been covered before and probably will be again but please
your help would be much appreciated!

with thanks,

Phil