[access-uk] ACCESSIBILITY OF WWW.MYSPACE.COM TO JAWS USERS

  • From: "drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:30:21 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Hi all,

I've recently signed up for an account with www.myspace.com and would
appreciate tips as regards making the site work with access technology and, in
particular Jaws 10.

I've found the following problems:

Sometimes (when using Firefox) links fail to activate when using the
return/enter key. The use of the mouse button also fails to produce a result
and on several occasions I've asked my wife to activate them by using the
mouse. Any suggestions on resolving this issue?

2. On attempting to compose an e-mail (using my Myspace address, I can hear
Jaws announce "send" but I can't locate a link which does, in fact send the
message. Again any assistance appreciated.

3. When in e-mail or a blog I seem to get stuck and hear an announcement about
adding a picture. However I can't easily get out of this.

Thanks,

Kevin

Internet Security tips and offers from Tiscali -
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security