[access-uk] ACCESS PROBLEMS AND NEW SONY VIO LAPTOP

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:32:01 +0100

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Sony Vio laptop which came preinstalled with Google
Chrome which is, as many of you will know totally inaccessible to Jaws users
such as myself. I uninstalled Chrome and am now able to use both Internet
Explorer and Firefox. However on turning on the laptop I'm frequently
confronted with a message advising that system restore be run. This message is
generated prior to Jaws voicing so the only way in which I can react to it is
by seeking the assistance of my sighted wife.

The first time the message was generated I ran System Restore which brought
back Chrome which I, again deleted due to its inaccessibility. Result, the
message about System Restore is being generated again. While the message can be
bypassed by restarting the PC and loging in in the usual way it is extremely
anoying and (as Jaws hasn't started voicing) needs to be dealt with with
sighted assistance.

Any help which others can give would be gratefuly received.

Many thanks,

Kevin