[access-uk] Re: A verification graphic solution perhaps?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:21:14 -0000

Just a short second bite at this one.  I presume that all this elaborate
verification is to prevent robot software harvesting personal information and
prove there is a human responding at the other end?  If that is the case, then
could such software look at that field and get the info and work out the
sequence and reply?

I'm only guessing here, and I really do hope Damon is onto something here, for
a solution is desparately needed to this problem area.

If the BBC, Public interest corporation that its supposed to be cannot, shall
we say, hack it, then what chance someone else will?  Mind you, just think of
the hassles we've had over audio voice over as a substitute for subtitles?  No,
we won't go there again!sequence?
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx