[access-uk] Re: A startup question

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:08:27 -0000

Hi Petrina, press windows key and r, and in the run box type msconfig and press enter. The system configuration window will open. Shift tab onto the tabs, and arrow across to the startup tab, then tab to open the page. You can then arrow through the things that load at startup. They have check boxes, and you can uncheck anything you don't want to run. After you've made any changes tab to the apply and ok buttons and activate with spacebar. Windows will then ask you to reboot to start with the new configuration. After rebooting you'll get the system configuration window come up, and you'll need to check the check box for don't show this message. If you haven't changed anything ignore that last bit. If you haven't made any changes when you close the window to come out of the system configuration you'll just go back to the desktop.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "petrina delves" <aunk99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>