[access-uk] Re: A scanning queery

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 21:52:54 +0100

Hi Andy

I have an Epson scanner which I've been using for several years. It isn't an all-in-one, but does have the capability of taking a copy if I activate the copy utility. When I want to take a photocopy, I turn on my printer, activate the copy utility on the Epson, and then it does indeed scan twice. This sounds to me like what your scanner is doing. It's a very useful feature to have if you want to make a copy, but not, as you say, if you are going to scan a book or something lengthy. When I bought the scanner about seven years ago, I assigned one of the buttons on the front to the copy utility, and simply press this when I want to use it.

I appreciate this isn't much help to you, but your description of the scanner's behaviour rather suggests it is copying. I wouldn't rate the Epson interface as being particularly accessible to disable it if that's possible either, judging by the messing about I did with mine at the time. (smile.)

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx