[access-uk] Re: A radio programme

  • From: Jim McAuslan <jimmcauslan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:45:25 +0000

Hi Clive,

I'd be interested to know how much it was and what was the make of this USB turntable. I've been toying with the idea of buying myself one but not sure if I need an audiofile model. I'm presuming the purpose is to play vinyl direct to hard disk.
Jim Mc
On 11/02/2015 15:36, Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I do. Excuses, rather than fesing up 5to having dropped a clanger. Whatever happened
to 'the customer is always right"?

I returned a USB turntable to a shop a few weeks ago because that model had set its tracking so
badly that bass notes through the stylus out of the groove. In plain terms, the record jumped. A
member of their staff had the audacity to suggest that because I was blind, the problem must have
been caused by my bumping into the deck! - What, in time with the bass drum? Notice how shop
asistants and contact centre agents no longer say "I'm sorry". They say
"Unfortunately". So who takes responsibility for improving the service?

Rant over,
Clive