[access-uk] Re: A question about system files

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:51:09 +0000

Hello Petrina.

As suggested by Ibrahim, you could try running a system maintenance tool but often these are paid. I'd recommend running something like C Cleaner if the
other 2 he recommends are not free. doing a system file scan as suggested by me previously wouldn't make much difference. Also, it may not be necessary
to do a virus check on your machine. Some machines that have an AMD processor for example are useless for running windows and speech. What make/model of
laptop is it? it may need a memory upgrade. Finally, I'd be more than happy to do a health check remotely for you. I would check all your installed programs,
optimise settings for accessibility, disable unwanted startup programs and perform a registry clean as well as a full disk clean. I'd also teach you as
we go a long how to do the scans your self. Its well worth doing a health check every now and again as windows can get so bogged down over time. Let us know how it goes.

all the best,

Mo.

On 17/02/2016 22:11, Petrina Delves (Redacted sender delves465 for DMARC) wrote:

Hi Mo,

Not sure if this is down to the damaged system files. But sometimes when I am using Microsoft word, I get the message that Microsoft word is not responding, and the same with Windows live mail, and also sometimes when I open up a folder, and arrow up and down, or press a letter to get to a folder or file. And also sometimes even Window-eyes stops responding. I have got one hell of a screwed up laptop.
All the best
Petrina