[access-uk] A freedom Scientific related question, which I can not send to the Jaws list as I have unsubscribed from it due to not using Jaws any more

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:35:36 +0100

Hi all,

As the subject implies, I do not use jaws any more.

I have found since uninstalling Jaws that I have two files left on my laptop, but they only show up in the add remove programs within Control Panel, they do not show up anywhere else.

These are:
Freedom Scientific Braille and two related updates,
also
Freedom Scientific Document Server and two related updates for that.

I have written privately to Tristram Llewellyn as I know him socially outside his work, and his work is as a member of the technical support team at Sight and Sound, but Tristram has not got back to me yet, and I can not really ask Sight and Sound officially for help as I no-longer have a Jaws serial number.

Please can anyone advise me if the files referred to above can be removed and whether they are there at all, or just showing up in the registry, as they can only be seen in control panel even though I have searched my laptop for any references to Freedom Scientific and found only these references in the control panel and none anywhere else.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Alexander Shannon