[access-uk] Re: A bank site that does not support I.E. 8

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:41:16 +0100

"Fair point but for people who may be considering whether to wait before
upgrading, I think it is reasonable to draw attention to advice which is
on Abbey's web site pasted below. I will let others judge how effective
the compatibility mode is."

I have suspected this all along with IE8 having observed some of the
press about its development history.  I have also been accused pouring
needless amounts of cold water on IE8 upgrade, needless to say I think
this proves that IE8 upgrade is not always a no brainer move.  This is
all short to medium term stuff and will be resolved by the site owners
eventually once they get their heads around the new rendering modes but
it does sound a note of caution that if you absolutely depend on a site
working it may be best to check wth them if they support IE8 properly
before the upgrade.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England
and Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road