[access-uk] A NETWORKING QUESTION

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:28:17 -0000

Hi all,

I want to start setting up my home network and need to do some transfer of files, putting in virus checker etc before going out on the NET. I'm going to be using a wireless connection for my laptop and want to know if there's anything I can do to ensure that the two computers can speak to one another but the laptop can't be seen by or go out to the big wide world - until I say so!

Any advice would be most welcome, on or off list.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx