[access-uk] Re: A Braille question about round and square brackets

  • From: orhan deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:58:48 +0100

I strongly agree.

  orhan.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Taylor
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:08 AM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: A Braille question about round and square
brackets

  Oh yes, well there you go, ultimate proof we need UEB! In print, they use
  the same symbols all the time, but in braille we don't, and that really
  doesn't help people learn these things does it! Now some braille reader
will
  tell me there's no need to know the difference, but I can't agree with
that,
  and think one symbol should mean the same thing, so in UEB, all brackets
are
  based around GH sign to open and AR sign to close, with different
preceeding
  dots for different shapes.

  Cheers
  Dave