[access-uk] Re: A Blast from the Past: Protalk

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:26:23 +0100

ray,

Protalk is fairly extensively used where there are VI's working in the banking industry.

This was certainly true 12 or 18 months ago. I'm not saying it was the only solution, just that it has been and may still be offered to staff who utilise the centralized resources for customer details et cetera.

Best,

Joe

At 22:41 08/07/2005, you wrote:
Well, after all that Braile, and Moon too! How about Protalk. Yes, it still survives. Anyone used it?

Its now produced by Biolink.

Seems a pretty generous evaluation. So, maybe its not a three horse race after all. Mind you, I seem to recall, as I said on another list earlier today, Protalk was priced out of the UK market in the 1990s with a price tag of nearly £1000. That makes JFW look like a bargain today.http://www.biolink.bc.ca

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx