[access-uk] Re: 7 in 1 Remote Control

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:39:32 +0100

Brian

I could not get on with it at all.  Upon receiving it, I inserted the
batteries and it asked me to set the time, which I managed to do.  But that
was about all I managed.  the instructions are extremely complicated and I
could not get it to recognise any of the four items of equipment I tried to
match to it.  The buttons on the remote itself are fairly well spaced out,
being mainly in rows of four, probably about twelve or more rows, so around
fifty buttons.  When I pushed them it would not talk to me at all.  I ended
up returning it for a refund.  I know of three other visually impaired
people who tried it and they all returned their product.

The voice itself, when I could get it to talk to me, was a fairly clear
female synthetic voice.  can't remember whether it was American or english.

Maybe you would have more luck than I did with this product.  Not
recommended.

David