[access-uk] Re: 64byt machines

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:52:51 +0000

System Access works with them and I think it is currently the only screen reader which does. Its not got all the Jaws features but its not bad either, and its cheaper.

At 15:37 12/12/2008, you wrote:
Hi all!

Went to buy a new pc last week but discovered in the nick of time the one I had chosen had a 64byt operating system, am I correct in thinking no screen reader will currently work with this system? The strange and frightening thing is I didn't think to ask, nor did the sales person inform me, it was pure chance I decided to ask a techie person who I know.

best wishes

Alistair

Checked by AVG.