[access-uk] Re: 3 Mobile

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:40:27 -0000

Hi.

I don't see why it couldn't be done, but there are a number of accessibility
issues that would probably make it very difficult:
Firstly, the dashboard is a floating window.  This means that it doesn't
maximise taking the whole of the screen and restricting cursor movement within
its boarders.  It is quite possible to lose focus with jaws and end up
somewhere else on the screen entirely without seeing the window at all.
Secondly, all the graphics in the window are unlabeled and as far as I know all
the screens in the application have a similar lack of tooltips.  Graphics
labelling yields no clickable objects and even the few buttons that are
labelled IE the File and Help buttons just won't be clicked by the jaws mouse
controls when the cursor is focused on them.

These are just a couple of things I've found, it would take a skilled script
writer to develop scripts and even then, they'd only work with jaws, window
eyes or whatever they were written for.

Hope this answers your question.