[access-uk] 24 Bit sound card

  • From: "Brian" <brianfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:00:49 +0100

Running with my old computer a USB digital 7.1 external sound card I was able
to either listen to my music through my 7.1 Anthem amplifier or with my
Sennheiser wireless analogue standard 3.5 stereo headphones with a 3.5 analogue
stereo microphone connected for use with Skype etc without having to change
things within the control panel.
Does anyone know of any reasonable quality 7.
1 HDMI, coaxial or SPDIF /optical digital plus analogue PCI sound card which
would achieve this result?
The significant thing about the external 7.1 digital card I was using was that
in the control panel despite being both digital and analogue it only showed up
as one card unlike for example the Asus Xonar DS card I have installed in my
new computer which appeared as both digital and analogue.

Hope this makes some sense to someone.

Thanks
Brian