[access-uk] Re: 2 questions about my external hard drive, please help

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:00:10 -0000

- An external drive is removable storage, that's why it shows up as that, it is a storage device, and you can remove it <smile>

Also, A drive's available capacity will always be less than it's total capacity because of preinstalled formatting software -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "austin pinto" <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx> To: "sunilsangtani" <sunilsangtani99@xxxxxxxxx>; "accessindia" <accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Voice Vision." <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <blindwindows7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "bhavesh" <bhavesh20patel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 10:51 AM
Subject: [access-uk] 2 questions about my external hard drive, please help

hi all i have 2 questions 1 is that when i connect my external hard
drive it is showing under removeable storage devices in computer icon
why does a hard drive show in a removeable storage device cluster and
2 the total capasity of the hard drive is 160gb when i formatted i
changed the file system from ex fat(defalt) to ntfs but now im getting
only 129gb of free space with no data on the drive whare has my 31 gb
gone? is changing the file system wrong?

--
created using a dell inspiron mini 10(1012) NETBOOK win7ultimate