[access-uk] 195 Telephone Directory Service on Mobile Networks

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:41:07 -0000

Hi All, I posted yesterday and unfortunately had very little response so I am
posting again today!!

I have two mobile SIMS, one with Vodafone and the other with 02.  On both
services I am registered for the 195 Directory Enquiries Assistance.  Vodafone
send me a free text message with the number and 02 will not!!!  What are
other's experiences and thoughts on this.  Would you like free texts, I got
some sort of response from 02 that blind people had tape recorders to take down
a number but how much more easy it is for me when I get a text with the number
to dial it immediately and perhaps put it in my contacts.  Who is responsible
for the 195 telephone directory service?  certainly they were not playhing ball
and telling me so I cannot write to anyone about this.  Maybe it is something
RNIB could take up on our behalf.  Who for instance got the mobile networks
involved in offering this service to blind people?

Eleanor