[acc_tr_vsk] rule 44.2

  • From: jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:06:49 +0200

Hello all !

the FACT: Yesterday, i got an incident with Anton: from an other boat, he got a penalty when gybing at a mark, he then luffed me abruptly and gave me a pen that i asked to be cancelled. He denied to cancel.

the RULE 44.2: After getting well clear of other boats as soon after the incident as possible, a boat takes a One-Turn or Two-Turns Penalty by promptly making the required number of turns in the same direction, each turn including one tack and one gybe. the CALL L5 is concerning the 44.2: From that case available on our site in the TRCALLBOOK2006.pdf, i have understood that Anton had the right to sail as he wanted but he failed to get clear as soon possible. 1/ He then deserved a second penalty.

2/ he broke the RULE 16.1: When a right-of-way boat changes course, she shall give the other boat room to keep clear.
From that, the poor Anton deserved a third penalty LOL

To end, the RULE 64.1 c) says: When as a consequence of breaking a rule a boat has compelled another boat to break a rule, rule 64.1(a) does not apply
to the other boat and she shall be exonerated.
My pen would have to be cancelled ...

After all that, i understand now why in the official championships, the skippers HAVE to cancel ALL the asked cancellations. Please tell me what do you think we apply that in the future (at least with the guys we know and we trust)? That will imply to set up a comittee ...

BB, good day, cu tonight :))