[acc_tr_vsk] Re: R: traps !

  • From: Theeuwes de Jong <theo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:19:26 +0200

Hi List,

please take a look at the second situation:

http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/-the-micros/trap-at-a-finish-mark

and here:

Mark-Room ISAF Q&A   http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/ ...
004%5D.pdf <http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/QA2009022-%5B7004%5D.pdf>

The situation at the bottom where red's proper course supposedly is to
bear down,
should be considered with great care.

1. The overlap is established before red or blue is at the zone.
2. We most surely can take for a fact that red is not "at" the mark.
3. Red does not sail to the mark

Red has right to mark room, which until she is "at" the mark is the room
she needs to sail promptly in a seamanway manor "to" the mark. If red is
not sailing "to" the mark and is not "at" the mark, she is not
exonerated as per RRS 18.5.

Red does infringe RRS 11 and is NOT exonerated, unless she can proof
that she is either sailng "to" the mark, or "at" the mark sailing a
proper course.  IMHO neither is the case, so Red is awarded with a
penalty here.

Cheers,

Theo (Admiral)

On 05/26/2010 10:24 AM, Piaggio, Marco wrote:
> Jluc
>
> So Quimiac was in right when he contested the pen? I cannot slow him
> if we are in the circle ?
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/-the-micros/marco_quimiac
>

> -----Messaggio originale----- Da: acc_tr_vsk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:acc_tr_vsk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Per conto di
> jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Inviato: martedì 25 maggio 2010 17.42 A:
> acc_tr_vsk Oggetto: [acc_tr_vsk] traps !
>

> Hello all,
>
> I have added 3 pages to describe traps we can use in our races:
> http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/-the-micros/leeward-mark

http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/-the-micros/trap-at-a-finish-mark
> http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/-the-micros/traps-when-upwinding

CU soon,