[acc_tr_vsk] Re: R: Re: Incident Antonio John Rick

  • From: Theeuwes de Jong <theo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:40:32 +0200

A boat cannot loose its right to mark room by taking more room then she
is entitled to, however if she takes more room then she is entitled to
she will no longer be exonerated from breaking a rule.

Basic principle:  a boat that has to give mark room must allow for other
boats that have rights over her to give that mark room too, can't force
another boat with rights to break a rule.

So if you agree on:

- Aimo having right to mark-room from Alb & Antonio
- Alb having right to mark-room from Antonio

Then:

Antonio giving Alb mark-room means giving Alb the possibility to sail a
proper course at the mark regardless of other boats, if Alb takes more
room then she is entitled to she should not be exonerated.

If Antonio does not give Alb mark-room OR Alb room (basic principle) to
give Aimo mark-room.. she should be penalised.

Antonio has to give Alb Mark-room also when that means giving Alb the
chance to NOT give Aimo mark-room.  With right to mark-room from Antonio
its Albs deciscion to break rule 18 in respect to Aimo, Antonio giving
Alb mark-room means giving Alb the room to crash into Aimo...    Antonio
may not prevent or hinder Alb from taking her mark-room.

Cheers,

Theo (Admiral)