[acc_tr_vsk] Re: Micro and ...

  • From: jd-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:42:31 +0200

Ciao Marco and all,

We are 8 in the team, internal race may be interesting but we have to race with another good friends, like RG, Alouette, Antonio, Quimiac ...

I agree, lets intra-race for the practices and extra-race for the micros.

Maybe 2 servers  or ...?

Hum, i think it is a little bit early to use 2 servers for the micros because the results will be complicated to display with many different skippers. It would be convenient when already constituted teams will challenge us. I hope that will happen soon. But i agree that if regular and non-quitter skippers like anton, alou, and the friends we know join, we could set up 2 servers so all can play...

Frankly speaking, i have the following idea: lets continue to recrut skippers until we can set up national sub-groups named UNT-it, UNT_gbr, UNT_de, UNT_fr, UNT_ned, .... Also, the ITBYC rule 3 allows, i think, to put one non national mate in a team when one of the original team cannot join. At this moment we will be numerous... and will have to think...

I send you a link to famous APPENDIX D for VSK TEAM RACE:
http://www.itbyc.org/appendix-d.php
In this document have a look at rules D1.2 d:
A boat that has broken a rule just before or after crossing the finish line, and is unable to take a penalty turn due to being classified as finished by VSK, will have her finishing position adjusted as if she promptly would have taken one or more penalty turns.

Mmm this is very difficult to apply!!!

I agree with this rule, not so difficult to apply. I suggest that we take it in our SI.