[acc_tr_vsk] Micro and ...

  • From: "Piaggio, Marco" <marco.piaggio@xxxxxx>
  • To: "acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:09:13 +0000

Dear Friends
Thx for racing yesterday in the micro.
Very nice race :)

Here some little thing about yesterday micro:

Team race 8x8 is a very chaos but it is fun and fascinating.
Seems to be more a fleet race than a team race because it is difficult to
understand the score and decide if trap or not!

I think it is better 3x3 or 4x4.

We are 8 in the team, internal race may be interesting but we have to race with
another good friends, like RG, Alouette, Antonio, Quimiac ...

Friends!         We are famous now: a lot of players want to race with us and
this is a good thing!

Maybe 2 servers  or ...?
Jluc   application can help us to select players.

Tell what do you thing about this!

Thanks
Marco - Colibri

P.S.:
I send you a link to famous APPENDIX D for VSK TEAM RACE:
http://www.itbyc.org/appendix-d.php
This is not the real APPENDIX D from ISAF  rules
(http://www.yachting.org.au/site/yachting/ayf/downloads/Technical/Officials/NOP%202009/NOP%20Education%20Material/Umpire%20ISAF%20RRS%20Appendix%20D%202009-2012%20Handout.pdf)
But it is an updated make from ITBYC for Virtual Skipper.
In this document have a look at rules D1.2 d:

A boat that has broken a rule just before or after crossing the finish line,
and is unable to take a penalty turn due to being classified as finished by
VSK, will have her finishing position adjusted as if she promptly would have
taken one or more penalty turns.

Mmm this is very difficult to apply!!!