[acc_tr_vsk] Google Sites / Web Development

  • From: michael dilgen <miked2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acc_tr_vsk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:06:17 -0500

Message to the VSK Addicted webmaster.....

Does the VSK Addicted website which is powered by Google Sites support HTML
(Hyper Text Markup Language) and or Javascript? In other words can a custom
webpage be written in HTML (containing Javascript) and published, then linked
to from the homepage? Or is the VSK Addicted site administration confined to
using a specific template and inputing information via a form? While these
kinds of websites are very efficient and easy to use or "program", they limit
the administrations ability to perform simple web development tasks as well as
displaying dynamic data.

I am very familiar with writing and publishing HTML pages but I am not familiar
with the inner workings of a Google Sites website because I use a stand alone
server from HostMonster.com.

A simple example of what I am talking about is the fact that this particular
webpage,
http://sites.google.com/site/vskaddicted/Home/team-racing-with-acc/team-speak
might be able to be changed by embedding a TSviewer Javascript or "code" that
shows the Teamspeak channel tree directly on the webpage in addition to any
text or other information that exsits on the webpage already.

Here are a few examples of embedding the TSviewer Javascript into a webpage.....

http://freeworldyachtclub.net/fycteamspeak.htm

http://freeworldyachtclub.net/forum/

http://freeworldyachtclub.net/forum/index.php?topic=1698.0