[absoft-board] Re: caught up, and have questions

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "christine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <christine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:42:18 -0500

Hi Christine,

I am copying the board list on this correspondence, since I think that
is the proper place to discuss your questions.

On as personal note, you might be interested in the OpenLibrary website
discussed in one of the mesages. I'm trying to see if I can get a NLS
key so I can add a feature to our software to work with their books.

I think that a meeting should be considered as the discussions on both
the board and members lists during one month. This month, April, would
be the first. People on the members list may have good ideas, so
discussions on that list should be considered for the minutes. The
minutes can be sent to the members list, because everyone on the board
is also on that list.

Jack handled the initial documents to get things started. He will be
sending financial documents to the board list at the beginning of each
month annd may also send other documents prepared at the office.

The board list is for the discussion of sensitive issure, as Marcia
requested, or for issues related specifically to the board. I would like
to keep other things on the members list.

The bylaws need some touching up concerning mailing lists, definition of
meeting, board memmbers at large, etc. I can ask Jack to send a MSWord
copy to the board list so you can make the changes.

John

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:42:59PM -0700, Christine Jeune wrote:
> I have finally caught up with the packet, and all but the last email
> from the board list.  The packet was really helpful.
>
> I have some questions about my role, should I ask them on the board
> list or to you, or maybe Jack, personally?
>
> I know as a secretary I would typically have a hand in document
> creation and maintenance, but I'm assuming Jack will be doing the
> physical document handling.  I am also curious as to what is
> considered a meeting, or if I am summing up a months worth of board
> list emails at the start of each month, and condensing those into what
> would be the minutes?
>
> Talk to you soon, take care.
>
> Christine

Abilitiessoft, Inc.