[absoft-board] Re: Raised music staff

  • From: "dogmom tds.net" <dogmom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:11:20 -0500

Our board secretary passed the following information on to me privately,
but I feel it is something all in this conversation would be interested in.
Our board secretary is Geoff Kettling of the University of Nevada at Reno:
We have a Comp Sci Ph.D. candidate, visually impaired working on an app for
doing geometry on a tablet for persons who are blind. He just was awarded
google lime grant. Last name Grussenmeyer. He's working with a prof who's
been developing a gps system for navigating inside buildings.

I feel that when it comes to tactile graphics, people at UW-Madison,
UN-Reno, AbilitiesSoft and View Plus would all benefit from working
together.

Tim - Noah Herschkowitz can tell you more about me and my tenure at UW,
hershkowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. John Boyer can fill you in on the software
aspects and John Gardner on the technical aspects of printing graphics on
the Tiger. Strongly suggest you be in contact with John Gardner. He is
aware of the article from the Wisconsin State Journal, as is all who are
getting this email.

--
Marcia