[absoft-board] Paypal lets you use credit cards without Paypal account

  • From: "dogmom tds.net" <dogmom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: absoft-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 08:38:02 -0500

John - PaypPaypal is all you need, as there is an option on Paypal that
allows people to use their credit cards without having a Paypal account.
Please let Howie know this. As an example, a lot of people purchasing items
from etsy.com don't want to have a Paypal account and want to use credit
cards. They use the no-account option and simply pay with their credit
cards. I haven't checked this out personally, but a dear friend with a very
active etsy shop has customers who use this option somewhat frequently.

Etsy is a site where individuals can set up online shops without having to
build their own websites. It costs nothing to set up a shop on etsy. There
are rules. Items sold must be in one of three categories: handmade by the
shop owner(s), vintage items, or supplies to make the crafts that are then
sold in an etsy shop. The shop owner pays etsy, via Paypal, 20 cents for
each listing (item and the image(s) of the item to be sold. The 20 cents
purchases a three month showing of the item. This time-length can be
extended by renewing the listing. When the item is sold, 3.5% or so of the
selling price is paid to etsy..

There are thousands of shops and millions of customers on etsy.com. There
is an online manual for shopowners that explains how the credit card only
option works.

My etsy.com shop, Atelier Reginald (named for Reggie) is temporarily closed
due to the remodeling of our house. My friend's shop is called Cee Monkey
Do. Cee is a disabled woman who makes fine quality jewelry, specializing in
engagement/anniversary/friendship rings. To get an idea of how a shop
looks, check out Cee's shop at
www.etsy.com/shops/ceemonkeydo
or my shop at
www.etsy.com/shops/atelierreginald