[aarontech] Ivona TTS.

  • From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8086@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aarontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 10:28:11 -0400

Hi.
I heard about these new SAPI5 voices on the Audyssey mailing list. Ivona TTS is
pretty big, and pretty good to boot. They're slower than eloquence, but not as
bad as some of the AT&T voices in responsiveness when used with a screen reader
like NVDA. I was excited when I first heard about them and went streight to
download them. They're ok, run fine on my netbook. My favorite is Erik. He's
quite easy to understand. He's now my favorite of all the voices, even Neo
Speech Paul, although not by far do to Paul's responsiveness being right up
there with eloquence now. I thought you all might be as interested as I was, so
here's a link.
http://ivona.com