[aarontech] Re: [GMAGamesTalk] Re: The new GMA Mud client is coming

  • From: "valiant" <valiant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <GMAGamesTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <aarontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:54:18 -0400

Hmm, I think monkey term is about the same as zmud.
Ever have anything similar to this?
<% session.evaluateCommand"say hi" &vbcrlf
Session.evaluateCommand"say I have " &maxMana& " maximum mana! Wooo!"
&vbcrlf
If maxMana<300 then
Session.evaluateCommand"say omg, less than 300?" &vbcrlf
Else
Session.evaluateCommand"say thatl do, thatl do..." &vbcrlf
End if

Also, do you have session file stored variables? Those are real nice for
storing interesting stuff that can be used after reloading a session file
and such, and timers I think you mentioned. Oh, also, I can't help cause I
can't find it either but I think there's supposed to be a DLL for hal that
works like jfwapi.dll does. If we could find that, one more screen reader
the VipMud works directly with. Also, this might not be so cool as I'm
thinking it sounds atm but wonder if you could include the library version
of that free speech synth called Espeak. Does VipMud have substitutes?
Monkey Term has events that you can fire like on disconnect, and on connect,
on document complete which would go off when I loaded up a session file, and
stuff. Also, can you scroll up the screen with ctrl+page up, and can you
clear what you've been typing and decided to start over with down arrow or
escape? Not only that, but how about keybindings? Grins. Able to make any
random key command, if applicable, do something just like a macro would, say
alt+shift+r? Can you loop sounds that you're playing based on the file
itself, rather than an event that you've assigned to be approximately the
right interval to loop the file?

Still more, can you have an option to stop current speech when you hit enter
or activate a keybinding or macro or anything else that sends a command to
the mud to which you're currently connected so as to have a better chance of
hearing the result of your command, I say choose because I love it and most
of the people I mud with who are blind do too, but some hate it
passionately. Also, are there triggers we can assign to force speech to be
given, and, can we tweak things like 'you are pretty hurt!' cause the
current speech to interrupt itself so we know immediately?

About the last thing I can think of, will it work like you create a session
file, and you can save it, open it up in VipMud on a different machine, and
have all the settings and things the same? And, how about the ability to
import 1 session file into another in case we want to add a sound pack or
something without creating an entire new session file.