AAHB Delegate’s Report for December 2021
The most recent AAHB board meeting was held on Tuesday, December 21, 2021.
Present: Katie H, Joanne S, David S, Lisako M, Shevon H, Ledric S, Jessica
R, Paul B, Annie N, Philip M, Dennis T, Lorraine R, Daphne H
Minutes from November 2021 meeting approved.
During the December 2021 board meeting we discussed the following:
- 2023 Conference Planning: The board continues to discuss the 2023
location and plans to make an announcement at the 2022 annual meeting. The
board is also discussing the option of shortening the conference by a day
to meet evolving needs of conference travel.
- Election report: The board approved the slate of candidates for the
positions of member delegate, president-elect, and treasurer. The elections
will occur in mid-January.
- The Academy is in good financial health.
*Health Behavior Research*
- The editorial board met in December 2021 to discuss next steps for
promoting the journal and getting it indexed.
*Logo/rebranding project *
- The committee has reached out to different member stakeholders
including Past-Presidents and students to share potential changes to the
tagline. The current tagline can be found at the bottom of our logo (
https://aahb.org/) and reads, “A multidisciplinary society of health
behavior researchers and scholars.” The committee has received overwhelming
positive feedback on the proposed tagline: “Advancing Health Behavior
Research and Practice.” Please share your feedback, questions, or comments
about the rebranding project with Dr. Annie Nguyen at
- The logo development continues to move forward, and the committee
continues to seek feedback from various stakeholders. The planned timeline
to seek full Academy feedback is between January 2022 and March 2022. The
plan is to unveil new logo at the 2022 conference.
*Marketing & Communications Council*
- The Council is recruiting a student to assist with the social media
*Resource Development Council*
- The Council continues to seek support and sponsorship for the 2022
conference. If you know of opportunities to support, please email Dr.
Dennis Thombs at dennis.thombs@xxxxxxxxxx or go to the sponsorship
webpage for more information:
- The recipient of the Mentorship Award has been identified and will be
announced at our annual meeting in Key Largo, FL.
- Welcome to Dr. Angela Chow, the newest member of the membership
*Diversity & Equity Council*
- Welcome to Dr. Lisa Benz Scott, the newest member of the diversity and
- The working title for the theme of the 2023 conference is “The science
of identities: measurement & methods for translational health behavior
*2022 Conference Planning*
- We look forward to seeing you all at the 2022 annual conference.
Please register here: https://aahb.org/event-4459801
- Conference Overview and Information:
- Please support the Academy - Fellows, Institution, & Corporate
Sponsorships Available! https://aahb.org/2022-Exhibitor-and-Sponsorship
- Register for Sponsorship Here: https://aahb.org/event-4560127
*Professional Development & Mentoring Council*
- No updates to report.
As a member of AAHB, your input is invaluable to us and important for our
continued success and growth. Please submit any ideas, feedback, or
concerns for discussion to one of your member Delegates listed below. These
will be confidentially shared at our *next board meeting on Tuesday,
January 18, 2022*. We look forward to hearing from you.
Daphne C. Hernandez (daphne.hernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Paul Branscum (branscpw@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Philip Massey (*masseyp@xxxxxxxx <masseyp@xxxxxxxx>*) *
***This month’s Delegate reporter