[aabg] Re: Regards from Lautaret

  • From: "Jenny Wainwright-Klein" <jenny.wainwright-klein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aabg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Mar 2014 17:35 GMT

Dear Serge,

The parcel with your new guide book arrived today. Fantastic, very
interesting! I started reading my copy during my lunch break.

I see that a number of cushions from Lesotho are not represented on the
Cushion plant website. Would you also be interested in images of
cushions not yet on the website list? Such as Craterocapsa, Wahlenbergia
polytrichifolia ssp. dracomontana, Lotononis galpinii and any others I
find images of? The website is really great and I suppose it will grow
and be added to continuosly.

In the last few days the Schachen has had more snow than during the last
winter.

Best wishes,

Jenny
(Alpine Garden Schachen)

"Serge Aubert" <serge.aubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
Dear colleagues and friends,
I take the oportunity of this message to give you some informations on
our garden.

You should soon receive a hard copy of the new guidebook of the Lautaret
alpine botanical garden.
Attached is a copy of a paper on a new catalogue of cushion plant
species. This paper goes with a database website under progress:
http://www.cushionplants.eu/
Till now, a lot of illustrations are missing and I therefore ask if you
have are interested to participate with identified images from the wild
or from your garden. The credit of course for the images will be
acknowledged.
Finally, we have developped new websites (in French):
- updated and "classic" website, including a section AABG (within the
section "Botanique")
- Facebook official page, an illustrated and simplified version which
includes a blog/news + galeries of images showing the different
activities of the garden
- Galeries of images on Flickr (25.000 pictures)
- digitalised vegetation maps of the Alps and history of the Ecology
laboratory of Pr Ozenda, former director of the Lautaret garden

Best regards and good preparation of the coming season,
Serge Aubert and the Lautaret team

--

Serge AUBERT