[aabg] Re: 3rd Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens - Trento 12-15 September 2012 - 1st announcement

  • From: "jenny wainwright-klein" <jenny.wainwright-klein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aabg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 15 Mar 2012 16:50 GMT

Dear Costa,

It's good to hear from you and to have a date and preliminary programme
for the upcoming congress.

I would like to contribute a presentation for the Horticultural practice
and plant conservation session on the Thursday - 'Ups and downs of
growing in the lowlands for the highlands'.

Andreas has most probably already contacted you with some suggestions we
had for discussion themes.

I'm looking forward to meeting up again with friends and colleagues from
other alpine/Arctic Gardens.

Best wishes,
Jenny

"3rd Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens" <aabg.3rd@xxxxxxxxx>
schrieb:
Dear Community of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens (AABG),

the organising committee is pleased to announce that the 3rd
International Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens will take
place at Viotte Alpine Botanic Garden in Trento, Italian Alps, from
Wednesday 12th to Saturday 15th September 2012.

Please find attached the preliminary programme with all the relevant
information on the congress and the registration form.

We hope that many of you might participate to this exciting event,
contributing to make it a success with many presentations in oral,
poster, workshop and picture show format. To encourage you all to submit
many contributions in the 5 sessions of Thursday and Friday (the 2
congress days), we listed 53 possible topic ideas on page 3 of the
registration form. Please have a look at this list and prepare your
contribution accordingly!

As tradition we would also ask all participating gardens to prepare a
short presentation describing their home garden for the welcome session
of Wednesday afternoon, the first congress day!

The congress gran finale will be on Saturday with a fantastic day trip
in the Brenta Dolomites, recently designated world heritage site, with a
unique opportunity to go botanising in one of the best scenery of the
Alps.

So what are you waiting for? Register today!!, filling in the attached
registration form and e-mailing it to aabg.3rd@xxxxxxxxx non later than
the 30th of May 2012!!

Please do not hesitate to come back to me for any additional information
or clarification that you might require. We look forward to seeing you
numerous in Viotte next September
Kind Regards

Costa
on behalf of the congress scientific committee
_____________________________
Costantino Bonomi
Responsabile di area botanica
Head of botany

Museo delle Scienze

Giardino Botanico Alpino Viotte
via Calepina, 14 CP393 - 38122 TRENTO (Italy)

tel. +39 0461 270 381 mob. +39 348 3044 940
fax. +39 0461 233 830
costantino.bonomi@xxxxxxxxxx        www.mtsn.tn.it

proud host of the 2012
3rd International Congress of the Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens
congress e-mail: aabg.3rd@xxxxxxxxx