[aabg] Re: 3rd Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens - Trento 12-15 September 2012 - 1st announcement

  • From: Maïté Delmas <delmas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: aabg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:19:02 +0100

Dear Cosat

Hope you are well.
Thank you very much for this 1st announcement. Could you tell me if this is for wide distribution (ie. can I put it on the national bgs website) or restricted to alpine and artic bgs.
Kind regards
Maïté

Le 14/03/2012 17:59, 3rd Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens a écrit :

Dear Community of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens (AABG),

the organising committee is pleased to announce that the 3rd International Congress of Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens will take place at Viotte Alpine Botanic Garden in Trento, Italian Alps, from Wednesday 12th to Saturday 15th September 2012.

Please find attached the preliminary programme with all the relevant information on the congress and the registration form.

We hope that many of you might participate to this exciting event, contributing to make it a success with many presentations in oral, poster, workshop and picture show formatTo encourage you all to submit many contributions in the 5 sessions of Thursday and Friday (the 2 congress days), we listed 53 possible topic ideas on page 3 of the registration form. Please have a look at this list and prepare your contribution accordingly!

As tradition we would also ask all participating gardens to prepare a short presentation describing their home garden for the welcome session of Wednesday afternoon, the first congress day!

The congress gran finale will be on Saturday with a fantastic day trip in the Brenta Dolomites, recently designated world heritage site, with a unique opportunity to go botanising in one of the best scenery of the Alps.

So what are you waiting for? Register today!!, filling in the attached registration form and e-mailing it to aabg.3rd@xxxxxxxxx non later than the 30th of May 2012!!

Please do not hesitate to come back to me for any additional information or clarification that you might require. We look forward to seeing you numerous in Viotte next September

Kind Regards

Costa

on behalf of the congress scientific committee

_____________________________

Costantino Bonomi

Responsabile di area botanica

Head of botany

Museo delle Scienze

Giardino Botanico Alpino Viotte

via Calepina, 14 CP393 - 38122 TRENTO (Italy)

tel. +39 0461 270 381 mob. +39 348 3044 940

fax. +39 0461 233 830

costantino.bonomi@xxxxxxxxxx        www.mtsn.tn.it

proud host of the 2012

3rd International Congress of the Alpine and Arctic Botanic Gardens

congress e-mail: aabg.3rd@xxxxxxxxx