[7inch] :: SEVEN INCH ENTERTAINMENT MAIL-OUT 10.03 ::

  • From: 7inch <7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:14:56 +1000

:: SEVEN INCH ENTERTAINMENT MAIL-OUT 10.03 ::

In this issue:
- PHREAKIN
- This weekend out

:: PHREAKIN ::

AT THE EXCHANGE HOTEL
FRIDAY, APRIL 25th. 2003
21:00-05:00 $10 (STUDENTS $8)

WOW - that was a pretty hectic Easter!
Now the countdown for Phreakin is really on.
Only tw sleeps left.

Almost every single flyer has been hand delivered for Phreakin and so the
expectations are huge.
A monster night ia looming if everyone take their vitamins and have early
nights to recuperate.

The Exchange Hotel is soaring with busy workmen who will have the back room
converted for Fridays aural assault.
In other words, you can expect a nice surprise or two with regards to venue
layout.
Visuals are a collaboration deal this time between Jamie from Playboyz,
Crispy from WildGravity,
7Inch Static Projections and our resident VJ Marc Sphere.

A new sponsor has joined our clan for this and future promotions:
- Greg Huggins, owner of Extreme Motorsports
- He has decided to go straight for the throat on us all.
Extreme Motorsports is putting a free drink tab at the bar till it's gone.

Along with the stack of extravagant sponsor gifts and merchandise available
for you at the door
- up for grabs for earlybirds until gone - this should be lots of incentive
to get there early. .

Remember, if you have not yet received a T-shirt or gift voucher from
Cre8ive Sk8, movie passes from BCC Cinemas,
or an exclusive gift voucher from Diving Dreams, at our previous parties -
this is because you arrive to (fashionably) late!

Doors open at 21:00 and a 5AM ending.
Cover charge is $10 with a $2 discount for students with ID card.
All patrons must show 18+ ID at the door.

If you wanna warm up for Friday, Orinoko and DJ Slo are doing a back to
back show (ReBoot) at the Embassy on thursday night.
Please check out the write-up by Olivia Katter in Fridays Bulletin Good Guide.

The Phreakin main floor lineup will feature a returning visitor well known
and respected by a swarm of dedicated local supporters.
DJ Orinoko spent several years of the mid-nineties nested in the Townsville
Underground were he was rigging events
in at almost any conceivable venue. Especially reputed were his Voodoo
Lounge parties at the Playpen.
He then shifted south to Brisbane where he has spent the last 3 years
cultivating the uncompromising electronic sound,
kindling the reputation of his preferred genre - the sound that is Techno.
A successful promoter of the acclaimed LiquidBASS events and part of the
United Sound System crew (www.uss.com)
DJ Orinoko has manned an impressive list of DJ rosters alongside the cream
of International hard-groove acts,
like Jeff Mills (us), Space DJs (uk), Ben Sims (uk), Chester Beatty (jp),
Kazu Kimura (jp), as well as lots of national talent.
He has a pronounced knack for creating dance floor action and a mixing
style characterized by versatility, attitude and a
funkified tribal sound all as you may have experienced already at the first
Phreakin event back in December 2002.

7Inch Entertainment is also proud to present the first Live P.A.
performance at our Australian events.
This goodie is delivered by locally residing act, "The International
Colouring Contest" He will be displaying a wide
array of avant-garde sounds and emphasizing his personalized take on house
and techno.

The main-floor host at Phreakin is DJ Nick Ho, who will bracket our
visiting act's displaying his world-acclaimed turntable piloting skills,
featuring a fury of funky tribal loops and blistering beats, of course
including a slew of unreleased deciBel cuts.

Full event lineup for Phreakin will continue to tick in on this list so
stay tuned tomorrow.
Ephlyer is available on www.7inchentertainment.com/phreakin

Btw. Our website is taking a while, we know, but be assured - it will be
well worht the wait!

:: THIS WEEKS OUT ::

Thursday 24th. April

- THE EMBASSY - 21:00-03:00: REBOOT with ORINOKO (BBN) and DJ S.L.O. (DK)
- THE JCU CLUB: 20:30-01:00, DJ PAPPAS

Friday 25th April

AT THE EXCHANGE HOTEL
FRIDAY, APRIL 25th. 2003
21:00-05:00 $10 (STUDENTS $8)
MAIN FLOOR:
ORINOKO (Brisbane)
NICK HO (deciBel, Denmark)
International Colour Contest (Live P.A.)

Sunday 27th. April

- THE EXCHANGE HOTEL (Flinders Street East) - BALCONY
RELAPSE from 15:00 - 21:00. DJs NATHAN HILL & PAKAMAS, with Seven Inch
Collective guests . .

In doubt? - email us on: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Otherwise, see you in town!

Seven Inch Entertainment