[7inch] :: 7IEA MAIL-OUT 17.03 - RESET DISKOTEK TONIGHT ::

  • From: 7inch <7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 7inch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:45:30 +1000

:: SEVEN INCH ENTERTAINMENT MAIL-OUT 17.03 ::

In this issue:

:: RESET DISKOTEK - TONIGHT ::

Date:           Fri 19th September 2003
Venue:  The Exchange, Townsville.
Duration:       9PM-5AM
Cost:           free 21-23, then $5

Artists:        NICK HO
                 PAPPAS
                 PAUL ALLAN
                 FISH vs NUSS

First a warm welcome to the new 50odd subscribers to our list.
We did promise you an early mailout this week but things have been pretty
hectic.
Fortunately, many have indicated they got the gist last week and are
charged to rock the Exchange tonight.
However, a promise is a promise and here are the up to last minute
nittygritties, a couple of word about tonights playlist.

First up on the wheels of steel tonight are local DJ duo Fish vs Nuss - in
one of their first audience performances they will treat you to a superbly
mixed party starter of dirty and tribal house choons, so get in early and
show them the support they deserve.
Next, our turntableist hero, Paul Allan takes over to lift it up in the
funky house vein for Pappas who is ready with a crate full of chunky
Breaks. Finishing off, Nick Ho will notch it up a tick further into a
tribal tech-slam extravaganza and a tail off into rapturous dirty house cuts.

All this in the settings of Pappas Productions massive soundsystem and
mind-boggling visuals.
Please check out the article covering Reset Diskotek in todays Bulletin
Guide and get a view of the flyer on
http://www.7inchentertainment.com/reset.html - if you did not already pick
one up around town.

:: Comprehensive Info on RESET DISKOTEK ::

The 7Inch crew is back in constellation after a deserved vacation; ready to
deliver the party atmosphere you have been missing.
We reset the diskotek with a refreshing serve of dark, tough and relentless
electronica, delivered by a well-rested 7Inch roster.

Nick Ho is back after travels and several memorable performances including
Minkebar & Skylab in Adelaide and beyond.
His new production work for the DeciBel outfit is currently making waves
with German label group UCMG with releases on their ultra cool labels
coming. For his 3hour set Nick Ho has promised to serve up the funkyfied,
blistering soundscape you have come to expect mixing new and unreleased
cuts, as well as classics from the Ho-vault dusted off for this occasion.

Local icon Pappas has been keeping busy with several event projects and
collecting a phenomenal sound system. A cornerstone in our electronica
scene and firmly established as the pioneer of breaks in Townsville, Pappas
is heavily influenced by Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Plump
DJs, Freq Nasty and Apex Twin. Pappas is saving himself to pump out his big
basslines on our pounding system.
Bracketing Nick Ho and Pappas, savour the block-rocking grooves of 7Inch
mixmaster Paul Allan and local up-and-coming Fish vs Nuss colliding head-on
in a smooth tribal house party starter.

Sound and vision: 10K shattering sound trimmed to perfection, mind bending
visuals including moving heads, static and live moving projections.

:: UPCOMING EVENTS ::

DECKED OUT 4.0 - with a major interstate DJ surprise visiting during the
Culture Fest weekend in October
ALTERMATRIX - end of October

+ a lot of tentative party opportunities yet to be finalized, so watch this
space for info as it becomes available

C-U AROUND TOWN!

Seven Inch Entertainment
Australasian Electronica Collective