[ECE 453] Re: Mounting/Status Updates

  • From: "David Bonnie" <dbonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 453_all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:39:04 -0500

Everyone -

About the PTZ at B4 - if the PC is not up and working properly on Hamachi
the IP camera will not be able to be accessed.  Ben said that the camera
powered up properly (it was moving) which makes me think that just the PC is
the culprit.  It's possible that the power outage screwed something up on it
since it's not even pulling an IP from the local router sitting in the box.
I will be out of town next week but will be available by email and phone
most of the time.  Getting the node up and running should amount to going up
to the box and making sure it's actually powering on.  If it's not powered
on it may be as simple as jumping the pins for the power switch (a
key/screwdriver or anything metal will work).  If the node is powering on
but not booting properly that is an entirely more complicated problem which
may necessitate taking the PC out of the box to work on it.  Thankfully this
isn't a horrible task, loosening even two of the mounting clamps will allow
the boards to be removed.  Let's just cross our fingers at this point and
hope it's the former problem.

- David