[ECE 453] Last Week and Presentation

  • From: "Ken Knox" <kknox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 453_all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:41:17 -0500 (EST)

I'll go ahead and start on the Powerpoint presentation to try and free up
some time next week.

For the presentation I think we should have the leader of every group talk
about their group responsibilities, who was in the group, problems faced,
and solutions to problems. If each group could talk for 10 minutes, this
would take care of 30 minutes (out of 45 minutes) from the presentation.
The demo could easily be 15 minutes.

For the demo I think we should record a video of the system working at a
reasonable time of day in which we get good detection from the fixed
cameras. Someone could narrate what is happening as each given time. At
10:30 on the day of the presentation I wouldn't doubt there would be
frost/fog/moisture on the fixed camera lenses. This would create issues
with the detection of cars and we don't want that on the day of
presentation.

For next week...

We all need to bust our tails trying to get the system fully functional.
Special thanks goes out to the networking group for working hard to get
the network API up and going. I have ordered two compact flash cards so
that we can resolve the issue with the failed node (and have a backup in
case something else occurs). If we can go ahead and schedule with
facilities to get the bucket truck so we can get to every node that would
be great. We think that the polarized lenses may have "fallen" off the
fixed cameras since we are having issues with glare that is similar to the
fixed cameras prior to the polarized lenses fix. We can resolve all these
issues next week if facilities can give us access to each node. It
shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes per node.

Have a good break,

Kenny