[ECE 453] Final Documentation Discussion Points

  • From: "Logen Watkins" <slapkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 453_all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:32:31 -0400

Everyone,

The final documentation requires that we have written discussions on 5
topics:
1) global and societal issues
2) contemporary issues
3) ethical and security
4) aspects of the system and environmental impact
5) understanding of lifelong learning

I'd like to go ahead and knock these parts of the assignment out.  There's
not a firm length required of each, but answer the question
reasonably...focus on making sense, not on hitting a certain word count.
That being said, I'm not talking essays here...a few paragraphs or a page or
two will be sufficient.

Because there are 15 people in the class, and 5 subjects, we're going to
break down the work as follows.

*Networking group* -- Topics 1 & 2
*TMC Group* - Topics 3 & 4
*Camera Group* - Topic 5

That works out to one topic per 3 people in the class.  Whether you want to
work cooperatively on the writing or draw straws doesn't matter to me.

Please have your topics covered and submitted by next Wednesday night (Nov.
5).

Also, as I brought up in class last Thursday, please (please please) begin
documenting whatever installation processes you found necessary for your
component.  We'll need full documentation on these processes for our final
documentation.  some basic ideas...
*tmc* -- server set up, database set up, accessing/controlling TMC remotely,
etc.. Could also discuss why our particular software was chosen, if a good
reason for such exists.
*networking* -- router and gateway setup, power testing (backup power
source), API setup, etc..Could also discuss why these particular locations
were chosen over our other possibilities.
*camera* -- tracking software changes, embedded pc setup, testing,
etc...Short discussion on why these PC's were chosen (speed, power
consumption, whatever)

also, we need to have the enclosure-building process documented -- either
the networking or camera group could pick that up.

And finally (will this email ever end) Wang and Co. absolutely love
statistics, so anytime you can measure responsiveness, give him a
number/time period, or anything like that -- do so.

Thanks!
Logen