[3rdlightning] Fwd: Grad and Dine-In Uniform (UNCLASSIFIED)

  • From: "White, Matthew J 2LT MIL USA TRADOC" <matt.white3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "3rd PLT" <3rdlightning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:37:04 -0400

UNCLASSIFIED

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Tieszen, Matthew E 2LT MIL USA TRADOC" <matthew.e.tieszen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joseph GALLO <joseph.gallo88@xxxxxxxxx>, Tristan Laicer <tristan.laicer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Matthew White <matt.white3@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Baird <ian.baird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 17:02:07 -0400
UNCLASSIFIED
Gentleman,
     Here is some notes to pass on from our meeting with Captain High.

1. For graduation you are required to wear ASUs and beret. If you do not have
ASUs and have the old Army Greens you will need to get a set of ASUs. Also, if
you have not done so start working on forming your beret.

2. For the dine-in, we will all be wearing Stetsons. The Stetson should be
black and have a black and gold cord around it. In regards to the cord, if you
have deployed you may knot the cord. If you have not deployed, you are not to
knot the cord. On the front of the Stetson you will also pin your rank, and the
16 and crossed sabers ensignia. See picture or talk to your black 5/6 if you
want a visual. From what I understand, the 316 unit pin some wear on the back
of their Stetson is not mandatory.

You may purchase the Stetson where ever you choose. In the area, Ranger Joe's
is the only place you can try on the Stetson before you purchase it. All others
are mail order. When you do purchase your Stetson make sure it is a Stetson, it
will say Stetson on the inside of the it. NO COWBOY HATS. (I'm talking to all
you cowboys from Texas and Kohen... I know you have one) The Stetsons from
Ranger Joe's do not come fitted and you can get them fitted in Phenix City at a
place called Phenix Serum and Western Store (Ph# 334-297-6006). Cost is roughly
$175 to for the Stetson (at Ranger Joe's) and $10 to fit at Phenix Serum.

A few notes concerning Stetsons. Once fitted, do not lay them on their brim.
Lay them upside down so they do not lose their form. It is worth investing in a
decent Stetson now, it should last your career. Also, wearing another man's
Stetson is a sign you are going home with that gentleman. And vice versa if
another gentleman wears yours.

V/R
2LT Matt Tieszen
UNCLASSIFIED