[3ddesktop-dev] Re: "--dontexit" implemented *UPDATE*

  • From: Brad Wasson <bwasson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Eric Shattow" <3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:33:05 -0500

I added a flush of the message queue just before the server goes back
to waiting for activation so you shouldn't get that re-activation problem
anymore.  I have gotten that before and its annoying.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

As for the command line switching without graphics... part of it is already
there.  If you run 3ddesk --acquirecurrent it will acquire the current desktop
(aka update the image of the current desktop without any opengl).  There is
currently no way to switch without activation though.  I feel it's a little
bit outside the purpose of 3ddesktop to be switching without opengl but it
shouldn't be too difficult to do so I'll look into it.

--Brad