[24hoursupport] Re: zip and unzip files

  • From: "Hugh Vandervoort" <hughv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 06:11:08 -0400

I use Winzip to compress files-it's fairly simple, but requires a review of
the help/Tutorial to use effectively.
I don't care for the XP method (Just try locating the compressed folder),
but it is simple and effective. My test (text) file went from 34kb to 4 kb.
My compressed folder is at:C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\SendTo.

This is from the XP help file:

"To add files to a zipped compressed folder
Open My Computer, and then locate the compressed folder.
Drag files to the compressed folder to compress them."
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at