[24hoursupport] wired router for Win95 PC on dial-up

  • From: Richard Arnett <rca1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:30:50 -0500

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a wired router but local
stores, Best Buy and its ilk, do not carry what my PC
needs.  At this time, I can only look wistfully at a new
computer, wireless networking, and a broadband connection.

Current configuration:
Win95, 166 MH, 48 MB memory, 500 MB free on hard drive,
SCSI card installed, and dial-up ISP connection.
There may be a couple of interrupts free.

Is there an inexpensive router for my PC or should I
continue to rely solely on a software firewall?  I am very
reluctant to use eBay and would feel more comfortable
purchasing from a business, any post purchase support being
important.  As I write this, I am wonder if a computer
repair shop could cobble some used equipment together?

Thanks for your time,
Richard