[24hoursupport] Re: virus still in trash bin

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:29:18 EST

In a message dated 1/30/05 6:10:44 PM Central Standard Time,
0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< When I searched in DOS, I could not find the Recycle Bin in C:\, even
 thoughthat is where it is in Windows. I tried looking in C:\Windows\Desktop,
 and still could not find it anywhere.

It's a "hidden" folder. While in DOS, (not a DOS window in Windows),
instead of trying to find the folder called "recycled" , just type in
"CD RECYCLED" (without the quotes). Then hit the "enter" key.
That will cause it to change folders from the root C directory, to the
RECYCLED folder. Then you should be able to delete anything in
there. You might have to change a file's attributes first, if it has
a "hidden", "system", or "read only" attribute.

 Move on Boot could not find anything to delete in the Recycle Bin. If I had
 it delete the entire Recycle Bin, would Windows automatically restore with a
 new one? >>

I think so, but not certain.

Gary