[24hoursupport] Re: tech question

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:58:34 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,
[dataminer] pops up in either my AdAware6 or Spybot Search &Destroy scans
nowand then, I forget which one usually finds it. Install, update, and run
one and then the other type of scan to clean it out. You'll probably find
other spyware also.

You can also install and update Spyware Blaster, which prevents many spyware
from installing in the first place, but only with certain browsers like IE
orFirefox but I think not Netscape which is why I quit using that.

Oe6

--- "Jamie Todd jamietodd-at-gmail.com |24hoursupport@freelists.= org|" <...>

From: "Jamie Todd jamietodd-at-gmail.com |2= 4hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:55:28 = -0500
To: ........................
Subject: [24hoursupport] tech ques= tion

here is a tech question a friend sent to me, i suggested u= sing
ad-aware, or spybot. what are your suggestions?:

in windows = xp,there's a file called IECache.bckp,it's
in C:\documents and settings(= my own name)

inside this file,from a log,says is a tracking
cooki= e:catagory Data Miner Cookie:(birth
name)@bluestreak.com is 141 bytes h= as
birthname@bluestreak[2].txt last activity 11-1-2004 at
1820 AM
=
want to open the file to get that cookie,no idea who
or what created= this file.

the file extension database msn sent me to,doesn't
ha= ve this extension <>.bckp

any ideas, or URLs?

--
C= ongenital Rubella Syndrome: http://www.hknc.org/Rubella.htm
Learn about = my cousin Todd, and how you can help:

with "unsubscribe" (without quo= tes) in the subject.