[24hoursupport] Re: strange email pop3 behavior

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:34:39 -0500

Doug,
The localhost is coming from PC-cillin.  The email scan has been turned
on.  One thing about PC-cillin is that sometimes the mailscan works
fine, and other times it causes problems and won't work.  In those cases
I recommend turning it off.  As long as the pattern file is being
updated and real time scan is left on, the mail scan is not that
critical.  I'm not sure what version of pc-cillin is being used so I
can't give you the mouse clicks to turn it off, but it is in the
settings.  You don't really need to do the following, but if you want to
you can also go into the run key of the registry and remove the pop3scan
and the webtrap.  These modules are always running even when you turn
the features off in pc-cillin.

Spider