[24hoursupport] sharing printer

  • From: "Lu Watson" <luwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:39:41 -0500

Hello there,
We have two Dell Pentium 4 computers networked.  Both have Windows XP.  The
shared printer is attached to my computer.  When the other computer is not on,
the printer does not recognize my computer and will not print.  When the other
machine is on, everything is fine; I can print from my machine and my husband
can print from his.

I checked and the sharing for the printer is enabled.  So to summarize,
everything is working with both machines on, but I can not get the printer to
print when the other machine is off.  How can I correct this?

Thanks for your help.  Really enjoy the group.
L. Watson
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at