[24hoursupport] Re: screen changing colors

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:09:25 EST

In a message dated 10/26/03 4:46:31 PM Central Daylight Time, 
yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< It's called a 'cold solder joint'
 (why, don't ask me).  >>

    Cold solder joints get their name from the fact that a true
"cold solder joint" results from the joint not getting hot enough
during the soldering to make the solder flow and adhere to the
joint materials as well as it's really supposed to.
    After enough heating/cooling cycles, electrical joints that heat
up quickly, when current begins to flow through them can crack,
and have the same effect as a true "cold solder joint". It is an
easy repair, *if* you can find the joint, and if you know how to
safely work on high-voltage apparatus like monitors. As cheap
as monitors are, now (I know, you *can* pay a lot for one, but
you don't have to) I prefer to replace it, rather than try to find and
fix such a joint. Gary
For a web-based membership management utility and information on list policies, 
please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 
"unsubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.

Other related posts: